Date:      Tue, 20 Jan 1998 04:05:27 -0500
From:      Andrew Arensburger <arensb@cfar.umd.edu>
To:        "Vladislav S. Davidzon" <davidzon@metronet.lib.mi.us>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Disabling login

On Mon, 19 Jan 1998 21:26:09 EST, "Vladislav S. Davidzon" wrote:
> I have a server which has 8 dumb black and white terminals
> attached to it via a Rocketport card.  I need these terminals
> to automatically telnet to an ip when the server is turned
> on.  My question is, how do I disable the login prompt from
> showing up, and replace it with a script to rlogin / telnet
> to another system?

	Start by looking at /etc/ttys (and RTFM, of course). That'll
get you pointed in the right direction. Basically, you need to replace
the 'getty' invocation with your script.

--
Andrew Arensburger, Systems guy         Center for Automation Research
arensb@cfar.umd.edu                     University of Maryland