Date:      Fri, 26 Jan 2001 05:47:41 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time)
From:      Joseph Stein <joes@joescanner.com>
To:        Stephen Hovey <shovey@buffnet.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Sendmail blockin question

> We've had a rush on spam lately - Im having trouble figuring out the best
> way to prevent connections from IPs with no in-addr.arpa (reverse dns) -
> could someone point me in the right direction?

The easiest (if you are indeed using sendmail) is to find
/usr/src/etc/sendmail, edit the file, removing the /^dnl / from the lines
that activate the MAPS features.

That assumes you want to make world.

If not, copy that file (/usr/src/etc/sendmail/freebsd.mc) to
/usr/share/sendmail/cf/cf, make the change, 'make freebsd.cf' and copy the
resulting freebsd.cf to /etc/mail/sendmail.cf and restart sendmail.

joe