Date:      Mon, 24 Mar 1997 16:06:54 -0500
From:      "Troy Settle" <rewt@i-Plus.net>
To:        Brian and Jill <gasp7@gte.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: little question

> hi.
>
> i've been looking through the FAQ's and through the hand book, but i just can't
> seem to find a clear answer to my question...which is, how does FreeBSD compare
> with/to linux?
> i currently use the slackware96 package, and am considering changing to FreeBSD.
> if you could let me know some of the differences/likenesses i would be
> greatly appreciative..........

I used to use linux, and seem to remember that I liked it a lot.
But, since using FreeBSD, I've forgotten what it was that I liked
about Linux, I most certainly do not remember enough to compare the
two.  My best advice, would be to give FreeBSD a try, and learn it
'til you know as much about it as you do linux.  Keep notes, so that
you can answer this same question for others.

Ugh... when I re-read that, it almost sounds like I've been
brainwashed by FreeBSD...  What's going on?  Did someone slip some
subliminal stuff into FreeBSD?  :)

--Troy

--
Troy Settle <st@i-Plus.net>
Network Administrator, iPlus Internet Services

( Stuff I said does not reflect the company I work  )
( for unless I'm speaking on behalf of said company )