Date:      Sun, 14 Nov 1999 17:38:42 +0100
From:      Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely.de>
To:        Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
Cc:        "David O'Brien" <obrien@NUXI.com>, Craig Burgess <craig-burgess@home.com>, freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: AlphaPC post-install BOOT - how?

On Sun, Nov 14, 1999 at 01:23:01AM -0800, Matthew Jacob wrote:

> Sigh. Yes. I *despise* Disk Dork Depot (corpsys), but they *are* good
> source for cheaper boards.
>
> You should note and be warned though that as far as I recall, Gerard's new
> NCR/Symbios driver which may or may not latch up in FreeBSD sooner or
> later does *not* support chipsets like the 810- he has some reason why
> not... So don't be cheap and get at least an 850....

That would be bad as I have an on-board 810 and want to stay current with that
host as long as I can accept waiting more than 24h for a buildworld.

--
B.Walter                  COSMO-Project              http://www.cosmo-project.de
ticso@cicely.de             Usergroup                info@cosmo-project.de