Date:      Sat, 5 Apr 2014 10:17:42 +0300
From:      Johannes Meixner <xmj@chaot.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   hw.acpi.reset_video behavior when multiple VGA cards are present

--pQhZXvAqiZgbeUkD

Hi,

I've originally posted the following to freebsd-acpi@ in February but didn'=
t get
any replies, so maybe someone here can help me out.

I've been trying to work out why my ASUS ZenBook can't work correctly with =
S3
sleepstates.

Resume works theoretically like a charm (I suspend with music playing; the =
music
stops and continues upon wakeup; I can reboot the system blindly from comma=
nd
line).=20

One thing that does not, however, is VGA resume. The screen will just stay
blank.=20

So I looked into it a little and realized -- what's the expected behaviour
towards video reset when multiple VGA cards are present (NVIDIA Optimus)=20
with vgapci0 being the (unusable) NVIDIA board and vgapci1 the (usable with=
=20
Xorg, vt(9), KMS etc) Intel one?

As in, which card does `hw.acpi.reset_video` actually reset the video on?

Best
Johannes

--=20
xmj@chaot.net