Date:      Tue, 26 Jan 1999 09:20:01 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Juriy Goloveshkin <j@avias.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pccard

>    does the PC Card support work in 3.0-STABLE(CURRENT)?

It should.

>    1) the kernel doesn't respond on card insertion/removal.
>    it seems to me that the reason of such behavior is in the string 789 of file
>    pccard/pcic.c
>
>    it has changed from
>       if (validslots)
>       if (validslots && pcic_irq <=0)
>
>    are there any problems with irq handling?

Obviously it doesn't work on your setup.  See the recent discussion in
freebsd-mobile why using an IRQ is a 'good thing', as well as why some
folks won't to have that ability remove.

>    pccard_configure() displays only the last device added via
>    pccard_add_driver(). in my case I have sio, ed and fdc devices, but
>    only fdc is displayed. but even these devices doesn't work on
>    insertion. it seems that it worked in 3.0-RELEASE (excluding the
>    problem with irq described above).

> Jan 25 23:30:51 home /kkk: Initializing PC-card drivers: ed ep fe sio

This line describes all of the drivers that are configured.  Note that
fdc is not supported.

> Ehternet card(if it was inserted before boot) works normally.

That's because it doesn't recognize that the card was inserted, which is
your original question.  Change the line you describe above and it
should work fine.

Nate