Date:      Mon, 14 May 2001 14:56:11 +1000
From:      krisno pryosusilo <krisnop@ozemail.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Fwd: FreeBSD, Linux & Msdos file sharing?

Subject: FreeBSD, Linux & Msdos file sharing?
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 10:21:48 +1000
From: krisno pryosusilo <krisnop@ozemail.com.au>
To: freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>

Hello,
I'm relatively new to Unix from a hands on perspective, and even more so to
the FreeBSD flavour. From a non-technical, un-geek, plodder's perspective, my
bias is for FreeBSD.
However, the following seems rather odd to me, and I'm looking for
confirmation.
I have read somewhere, of the ability for FreeBSD and Linux to mount a MSDOS
slice in read/write mode, however FreeBSD and Linux  are only able to read
and not write.
Does this also mean that if I wish to make a FreeBSD file server, I can
interoperate fully with Windows, but at this stage I can't with Linux?.

Cheers,
Krisno