Date:      Thu, 7 Aug 2008 17:31:21 +0700
From:      Alexey Dokuchaev <danfe@nsu.ru>
To:        hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   ports/distfiles on FTP

Hi there,

I've recent got interested in the fact that our ports/distfiles
directory on FTP contains zillion of out-dated (WRT current ports
versions they serve) tarballs and occupies more than 100GB of disk space.

Is there are any special reason we keep all those distfiles?  If not,
what is the algorithm of putting a distfile there?  Does it take care of
deleting previous versions?  Can it be improved?  I'm eager to provide
help/patches/etc.

./danfe