Date:      Fri, 18 Mar 2005 12:37:03 +0100
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Jos=E9_Nicol=E1s_Castellano?= <jncastellano@noconname.org>
To:        Dick Hoogendijk <dick@nagual.st>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ssh security

--------------070005080401070404030503

Dick Hoogendijk wrote:

>I log in from a remote windows computer on my school using PuTTY w/
>ssh2. What I'd like to know is how *safe* is the login from this windows
>machine? I mean, can my login to my FreeBSD server at home be
>*monitored* by someone while I'm using this windows machine at work?
>Can the keystrokes that I use *in* PuTTY be seen by anybody on this
>windows network at work. If so, what can I do about it to be more safe?
>
>I would like to be able to login to my home computer without being
>worried about some sneaky system operator at work (school) ;-)

Mmm. Ssh only can *certificate* you that no one is capturing trafic
between server and client (freebsd and putty), ssh stablishes a ciphred
tunnel consistent in a two keys (private and public).

Ssh client ( or putty in your case ) don't *warranty* if your computer
client is running a keylogger or a trojan horse. If client is keylogged
or trojaned you are died :-D, buy an antivirus or  something for M$
Platforms. In *nix systems, relay to the administrator...

--
Jose Nicolas Castellano
Presidente - Asociación No cON Name

--------------070005080401070404030503--