Date:      Fri, 29 Aug 2003 18:59:39 -0500
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: zmore for bzip2?

On Wed, Aug 27, 2003 at 11:37:47PM -0500, ES top-posted:
> For your bzip2 files, would the following command suffice?
>
> bzcat <filename> | less

[...]

Yes, of course. But zmore is smart enough to figure out what to do with
several compression techniques, or even to handle non-compressed files
very trivially and without hassle.

I've changed my /etc/newsyslog.conf from J to Z simply so that I could
zmore the files rather than pipe the file or dress up an alias named
bmore or similar.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net