Date:      Fri, 2 Oct 1998 08:01:04 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Viren R. Shah" <viren@rstcorp.com>
To:        Mark Newton <newton@atdot.dotat.org>
Cc:        mike@smith.net.au (Mike Smith), freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SVR4 emulation?

 Mark> Mike Smith wrote:
 >> It was just a bit too late for 3.0, but it will be incorporated shortly
 >> therafter.
 >>
 >> > Thought I'd ask before trying it out myself.
 >>
 >> We'd love to hear your results; please keep us informed.

 Mark> Indeed.  Please give it a try and let me know how you go with it.
 Mark> It isn't complete, by any means, but I've had mixed amounts of
 Mark> success with relatively complicated applications.  Most of the
 Mark> software on the Solaris 2.5.1 CD-ROM seems to work ok, anyway.

Great. My Solaris/x86 CD should be arriving within a couple of
days. (They finally shipped it!). As soon as I get it, I'll test out
your stuff, Mark.

 Mark> There's a web page for the project at
 Mark> http://slash.dotat.org/~newton/freebsd-svr4 (essentially a HTMLized
 Mark> version of the README file, 'cept a bit more up-to-date).  Download
 Mark> it, join the mailing list, try it out with a Solaris or SCO CD, and
 Mark> tell us what you think.

Thanks. I'll do that.

 Mark>     - mark

Viren
--
Viren R. Shah, viren@rstcorp.com, http://www.rstcorp.com/~vshah/
`Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!