Date:      Sun, 1 Aug 1999 10:58:55 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
To:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
Cc:        Ville-Pertti Keinonen <will@iki.fi>, dillon@apollo.backplane.com, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Documenting writev(2) ENOBUFS error

On Sat, Jul 31, 1999 at 06:50:09PM -0600, Wes Peters wrote:
> So, do you want to enumerate the cases in which this error can occur in the
> man page?  This is not generally done, now that we have verified it is
> possible for the system to generate ENOBUFS on a writev.  I think the text
> stands as it is.

FWIW, I committed:

    [ENOBUFS]    The mbuf pool has been completely exhausted when writing to
                 a socket

 [intentional self-reference] can be easily accommodated using a blessed,
 non-self-referential dummy head-node whose own object destructor severs
 the links.
    -- Tom Christiansen in <375143b5@cs.colorado.edu>