Date:      Tue, 17 Oct 2000 21:17:23 +0700
From:      morozov@novosoft.ru
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   A question about memory mapped cards

Hi!

I have a PCMCIA radioethernet adapter that has an unusual programming
interface:
instead of having an I/O ports range [for control] and one memory area to
send/receive data it has two memory areas, one for controlling and one for
data itself. As far as I know standard FreeBSD pccard manager doesn't
support such cards directly (I have been playing w/ it for a while :-)) but
I see that in recent PAO3 releases/snapshots there are some significant
changes in the pccard manager code itself and [probably] there are some
handles to map both memory areas simultaneously. Although this code seems
to be for 'CardBus support' w/o mention my case directly. Could anyone tell
me whether I could work w/ this new interface and how I should do this (i.e
what function calls should be performed in the driver to make this work).
Also I need a general (pccard) driver writing info. Any help in this
direction will be thankfully appreciated

Yours sincerely,
     Alexey Morozov