Date:      26 Apr 1998 23:08:09 -0400
From:      rvb@sicily.odyssey.cs.cmu.edu
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Speaking of Netbsd (Re: ELF kernels: When?)

I have some large disks that have freebsd and netbsd MBR
partitions.  I tried to hide the netbsd from freebsd by
making the partition type odd 163 (vs 165).  I guess FreeBSD
decided that it the 163 partition had a bsd disklabel, so ...

It complained when is saw the "d" partition, which spans the
whole disk.  How about a "hack" that says, that if the partition
is not type 165:
	1. don't process the partition
	2. don't warn
	3. allow a special case of d running from 0 to the
	   size of the disk, and not complain
	4. ...