Date:      Thu, 6 Feb 2014 13:56:32 +0330
From:      takCoder <tak.official@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ttyu0 vs cuau0 device?

Hi all,

I have recently changed one of my servers from FreeBSD 8.2 to FreeBSD 9.2
and now I have noticed that when i connect to my server via serial consol
port, current tty is cuau0 instead of ttyu0.

I still can see ttyu0 as locked in ls /dev, but in who command and alike,
my device is cuau0.

I couldn't find enough  info about changes around these devices and as I
need to know whether there are other changes on serial console devices or
its configs there, I hope you may give me any notes on what the differences
are between 8.2 and 9.2 around serial console devices.

Thank you all in advance for any tip or note you may give me around this
subject.

Best Regards,
takCoder