Date:      Mon, 25 Sep 2000 15:39:48 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Darryl Okahata <darrylo@soco.agilent.com>
Cc:        wpaul@FreeBSD.ORG (Bill Paul), eric@svjava.com (Eric Kozowski), mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Help with WaveLAN Card

In message <200009252100.OAA18978@mina.soco.agilent.com> Darryl Okahata writes:
: 	... I have a Lucent WaveLAN Silver 11Mbps PCMCIA Card, a Texas
: 	Instrument (chipset recognized as 1225) PCMCIA-PCI Cardbus
: 	bridge (sold by lucent), a regular Desktop PC and FreeBSD
: 	4.1-STABLE.  ...

This conifguration isn't supported until we can do pci routing of
interrupts.  In laptops the cardbus bridge is connected directly to
the south bridge so can ise the ISA interrupts.  On the PCI bus this
isn't the case.  These cards come up w/o interrupts assigned to them.
Most of thenm are wired to have two interrupts (INTA and INTB), but we
need more work to properly route the interrupts over the INTA and INTB
pins as well as setting thngs up so we know which IRQ fires when these
signals on the PCI bus are asserted.  Yamamoto-san has some code to do
this, but I haven't had the time to look into adding this
functionality.  It is fairly x86 based, and I'd like at least an
interface that could be supported on the Alpha.  Of course pcibios is
fairly x86 centric, iirc.

: He never said that he has a laptop.  As Eric said, this poster is
: probably running into the TI1225 PCI-PCMCIA issue, which Warner has not
: yet had the time to investigate/fix (I believe).

Fix, no.  Investigate yes.  It is as above :-(.

:      Now, there was a different poster (Andreas Braukmann
: <braukmann@tse-online.de>), who does have a problematic laptop (a Sony
: Vaio).  Perhaps you're getting the two posters confused?

The VAIO problem is almost certainly a IRQ conflict problem, but I've
not had the time to help out on that one.

Warner