Date:      Mon, 15 Oct 2001 10:04:33 +1000
From:      "MurrayTaylor" <MurrayTaylor@bytecraftsystems.com>
To:        "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   WanIC 405 _IS_ End of Life -- what are the (netgraph) based alternatives??

Hi Ted et al,

A- thanks for the hint re Ebay.  I actually will lookup the
card and manufacturer for more detail for when we are in the
buying mode again.

B- You should have received the End Of Life mail forwarded from
Alfred Shippen ( our supplier down under ) by now so
you can see where the WanIC 405 stands....

As I am quite happy with Netgraph as it is supporting
multiple frame relay links as well as our MPD based VPN for our
road worriers ( sorry warriors ), I now expand my original question

What are the potential netgraph supported replacement cards now and
under consideration, for the WanIC 405 series...??

The new (read more expensive) card is the WanIC 520/521/.... series,
but I am willing to look at alternates that provide the interface
to the telco NTU for frame relay.

(Just as an aside, given the unique nature of the card and the
us - au exchange rate, we are already paying AU$2000 ish prices for card and
interface cable package, so a cheaper alternate is always welcome ;-)

Murray Taylor
Bytecraft Systems Pty Ltd
email:     murraytaylor@bytecraftsystems.com
web(s):  www.bytecraftsystems.com