Date:      Mon, 09 Nov 1998 13:37:03 -0800
From:      Lim Choong Ee <choongee@santeh.com.sg>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Sendmail Help.

>        Currently, our mail server is running on FreeBSD OS.
>        I like to thank your team of member on this as it had provided
>        me with alot of ease of operation with it.
>        Currently i know that to route all incoming mail to a user to
>        another user is to create a file call .forward inside the user
>        account and enter in the email address you want to route to.
>        Now, my company want to check the outgoing mail of certain
>        user which i had no idea of how to route all the outgoing mail
>        to my boss email address
>        Can you please help me on these?
>        Your help is really very much appreciated.

So, you want to monitor someone's transmissions?  In the United States
this is marginally illegal, so there isn't a lot of examples or support
on
implementing it, although with creative use of sendmail rules it can be
done.  See www.sendmail.com.

You should evaluate whether this type of functionality is really
necessary.  You can always just add the desired target email address as
cc: when writing the mail.

Doug White

Sorry to disturb you,but my boss is pressing me, how do i
change the sendmail.cf inorder to forward all outgoing mail
to a certain address, can you please describe it in detail?

Well, i myself also reject on invading others privacy but don't worry
i'm doing this coz our company had some very serious and important
email thru and fro with our customer, so please understand that we
need to keep a backup copy of this kind of important mail msgs when
ever we need to refer to as the sales people who incharge always forget
to backup the important mail msgs.
I assure you that only if neccassary then will i allow my boss to refer
the mail only for emergency situation, as my mail is also capture inside

:-p.
we had totally no plan on monitoring on the mail, we just want to keep a

backup copy for reference when ever we want to refer to some important
msgs when the original copy is destroy or gone.

Really really thanks for any of your help.

Johnson Ee.
choongee@santeh.com.sg