Date:      Wed, 14 Nov 2001 16:06:37 -0800 (PST)
From:      Gordon Tetlow <gordont@gnf.org>
To:        <arch@freebsd.org>
Subject:   rc.d issues

There are a couple of issues with porting the rc.d infrastructure that
need to be addressed before going forward. Most notably is NetBSD's use of
(for example) $ipfilter while FreeBSD uses $ipfilter_enable.

Not wanting to break POLA, I was thinking about hacking /etc/rc.subr to
check $<keyword> and if that is unset, check $<keyword>_enable. Any
thoughts?

I have yet to see any thoughts, criticisms, critiques or anything of the
like for the initial patch that I posted (plug
http://hobbes.melthusia.org/~gordont/rc_ng.diff). So I'm going to continue
working along my current path. I've just moved so it's slowed up a bit,
but hopefully I'll be able to return it shortly.

-gordon