Date:      Tue, 24 Apr 2001 14:30:46 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@cup.hp.com>
Cc:        emulation@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: initgroups() change for Linux emulator

On Tue, 24 Apr 2001, Marcel Moolenaar wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 24, 2001 at 09:49:05AM -0400, Robert Watson wrote:
> >
> > Providing compatibility for capabilities will be a lot harder...
>
> Yes. I'd started to make the Linuxulator independent of COMPAT_43,
> but that got put on hold as much of the other work :-(
>
> BTW: Since I'm too much detached from the Linuxulator now, nobody
> should feel pressured to have me review the code. I will review
> if such was asked, but it's not really necessary to ask me. It's
> probably better to remove the MAINTAINER line from the makefile...
>
> ...and yes. The patch looks good, although I haven't tried it :-)

I have at least one report that it is working correctly, so I'll go ahead
and commit once I've done a final build test.  I'm a little worried about
future interactions between linux security foo and freebsd security foo --
initgroups() is probably fairly safe (although the groups[0] behavior is a
bit different), but things like the fsuid and so on will be trouble.