Date:      Sun, 1 Feb 2004 00:40:42 +0100
From:      Harald Schmalzbauer <h@schmalzbauer.de>
To:        Melvyn Sopacua <freebsd-questions@webteckies.org>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NFS performances on 5.1

--Boundary-02=_9zDHA1smRoOoJKn

On Sunday 01 February 2004 00:26, Melvyn Sopacua wrote:
> On Saturday 31 January 2004 19:03, Harald Schmalzbauer wrote:
> > On Saturday 31 January 2004 17:11, Melvyn Sopacua wrote:
> > > Did you read the notes in src/UPDATING saying:
> > > NOTE TO PEOPLE WHO THINK THAT FreeBSD 5.x IS SLOW:
> >
> > Could you pleas explain that numbers?
>
> No, because you also failed to mention if you've read that section and
> disabled WITNESS and so on.

Ok, it was another thread where I mentioned that I'm tracking current for a=
=20
long time, but of course I read it, I even can't remember when it was=20
defaulted to be excluded. So I have code from today and I use similar gener=
ic=20
options for today in my kernel.
Btw, I replyed to the wrong posting, I asked Jacques Beigbeder to explain h=
is=20
numbers.

And even with WITNESS and INVARIANTS in the kernel it would be poor=20
performance since the difference is just about 10-20 percent. (last time I=
=20
checked, which is a while ago)

=2DHarry