Date:      Thu, 4 Dec 2003 08:42:56 -0500
From:      David Gilbert <dgilbert@dclg.ca>
To:        Shadoe <shadoe@shadoegrounds.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: could anybody bring me up to date on psm0 and synaptic touchpad compatibility?

>>> I have been curious to find out if psm0 is now compatible with the
>>> ps2 synaptics touchpad and if yes what mode does it support...
>>>
>>> plus which features does it support finally if there is docs for
>>> extended features.

While I can't help you with extended features,

shadoe> I had been struggling with this for weeks, compiling and
shadoe> recompiling my kernel, enabling and disabling moused. etc etc
shadoe> I have a dell inspiron 1100 running 4.9 RELEASE, I googled and

The 1100 seems to require working ACPI and corrected DSDT code to make
the touchpad to work in my experience.  I have the corrected DSDT if
soemone requires.

I'd love to hear from someone who fixed the video memory problem.

Dave.

|David Gilbert, Independent Contractor.       | Two things can only be     |
|Mail:       dave@daveg.ca                    |  equal if and only if they |
|http://daveg.ca                              |   are precisely opposite.  |