Date:      Sun, 09 Sep 2001 13:44:56 +1000
From:      Robert Moss <rmoss@bigpond.net.au>
To:        "Wing Tim" <twchim1@hotmail.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problems about routing

Two problems here: you are firewalling, and routing incorrectly.

1) When you are testing, take off the firewall.  Only when you know for
certain your setup is working correctly should you start playing with
firewall rules.

2) Your routing wont work, your doing it the wrong way.
You can't (easily) have the same network across two interfaces.
I suggest you change machine1 to have a different ip RANGE, so instead of
192.168.0.1  have it   192.168.1.1
Also you will need to change the interface on Machine2 so it is on the same
network.

If you are unsure as to why you need to do this, i suggest you read up on
some TCP/IP books.

rob.