Date:      Wed, 01 Nov 1995 21:36:37 -0500
From:      "Michel Joly de Lotbiniere" <mjdl@interlog.com>
To:        Peter Watkins <watkins@osf.org>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cscope clone?

Peter,
Some time ago (>1 year) I saw on one of the main Linux FTP sites,
I think sunsite.unc.edu:pub/Linux/devel, a version of gcc instrumented
to generate a database while compiling c/c++, and some query tools
for the database; it was a project of some Germans, I think. They
mentioned that their goal was a cscope clone. Sorry I can't be less
vague.

If you use (x)emacs, you might also take a look at the oobrwsr (?)
package on ftp.cs.uiuc.edu:pub/xemacs/infodock. It is an C++ code
browser that allows all kinds of querys, and it is integrated into
the emacs editing mode for c++, so you can edit, say, all points where
a particular item is used. But I've not used it.

There is the xcoral editor from a group at INRIA (France), which
purportedly integrates c++ structure browsing into an editor; it
is an Xlib-only program too, which should make it an easy port.

These suggestions are all a result of wasting time cruising
the Internet, the new opium of the masses.

Michel Joly de Lotbiniere
mjdl@interlog.com