Date:      Fri, 22 Feb 2002 03:07:09 -0600
From:      "Scot W. Hetzel" <hetzels@westbend.net>
To:        <FreeBSD-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: fxp0: device timeout error

From: "David Greenman" <dg@root.com>
> >I am having problems with one of my servers, when I connect to retreive a
> >400MB iso image from the server, the server will start producing fxp0:
> >device timeout errors after the download starts.
> >Does any one know how to fix this problem?
>
>    If you have other servers with similar hardware that don't have the
> problem, then my first guess would be that it might have something to do
> with the physical connection. You might try changing out the cable and
> may also wish to try plugging it into a different switch port.

The version I'm using is 4.5-STABLE cvsuped Feb 20th.

The setup is as follows:

    FreeBSD File Server -> [Linksys 5 port HUB] -> [Intel 24 port HUB] ->
Windows CD Burning system

I removed the Linksys HUB and the error still occured after 300M was
downloaded.

    FreeBSD File Server -> [Intel 24 port HUB] -> Windows CD Burning system

I then switched the port on the Intel HUB and the error still occured after
160M was downloaded.

I'll have to check if the problem occurs on my other servers later today.

Scot