Date:      Wed, 17 Jul 2019 19:35:32 +0200
From:      Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de>
To:        Vladimir Botka <vbotka@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: debugging a Wifi association problem

El d=C3=ADa mi=C3=A9rcoles, julio 17, 2019 a las 09:05:43a. m. +0200, Vladi=
mir Botka escribi=C3=B3:

> Hello,
>=20
> On Wed, 17 Jul 2019 07:38:26 +0200
> Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de> wrote:
>=20
> > ... The association requests are always rejected with a package
> > CTRL-EVENT-ASSOC-REJECT with 'status_code=3D1'...
> > Do we have any tool in FreeBSD to monitor/debug this problem between the
> > device in question and the AP? Any other ideas?
>=20
> Best practice is to sniff packets and see what's going on.
> http://www.wireless-nets.com/resources/tutorials/sniff_packets_wireshark.=
html
>=20

Hello Vladimir,

I installed wireshark-2.6.5_2 in my FreeBSD (CURRENT from December last
year). I tried to enable from

	View --> [x] Wireless Toolbar

but this gives an error about "Failed to initialize ws80211" in the GUI
and I can not set the channel or Frequency. Is this not possible with
FreeBSD? In this case I'd have to look for a Linux laptop or even a
Windows one (which I'd hate). Thanks for a hint.

	matthias

--=20
Matthias Apitz, =E2=9C=89 guru@unixarea.de, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-176=
-38902045