Date:      18 Oct 2001 21:21:07 -0000
From:      wmoran@mail.the-i-pa.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   /etc/namdb/make-localhost not executable

I don't know if this is a bug or if there's a reason for this.
It's been like this as long as I've been using FreeBSD, so I'm not sure,
but I thought I'd bring it up in case it's a bug that can be fixed.
The file /etc/namedb/make-localhost is a shell script for creating
the /etc/namedb/localhost.rev file automagically.  It works nicely,
except that the file has not execute permissions as installed.  I just
verified this on a clean 4.4-RELEASE install, but I haven't checked with
the latest -STABLE yet.
Is this a minor bug, or is there a security (or other) reason that this
script doesn't have execute permissions??
-Bill