Date:      Fri, 10 Mar 2000 11:43:11 -0500
From:      "Waite, Michael" <Michael.Waite@compaq.com>
To:        'Peter Radcliffe' <pir@pir.net>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: disk cloning

oky doky I will.

----Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: 'Peter Radcliffe' [mailto:pir@pir.net]
Sent: Friday, March 10, 2000 11:27 AM
To: freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG

"Waite, Michael" <Michael.Waite@compaq.com> probably said:
> I have two disk on the system right now plus a cdrom.

CDROM drives are not da devices, they're cd devices.

> I would assume that they would de da0 da1 and da3.

Two disks, da0 and da1.
CD, cd0.

New, third, disk da2.

> The disk that I just plegged into the chain is scsi address "4" ........I
> just checked the jumper. Would that then not be added to the system ad
da4?

Where does da4 come from ?

No, it won't be da4 unless you hardwire your kernel config to make it da4
or you have 4 disks that are detected before it.

Run the commands I gave you and you'll find out what devices exist,
rather than all this up in the air wondering.

P.

--
pir                  pir@pir.net                    pir@net.tufts.edu