Date:      Sat, 15 Jun 2002 20:36:24 -0700
From:      Doug Barton <DougB@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        sroberts@dsl.pipex.com, FreeBSD User Questions List <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>, Glenn Johnson <gjohnson@srrc.ars.usda.gov>
Subject:   Re: No screensaver applet in gnomecontrolcenter after upgrade  toxscreensaver-4.05

Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:

> On Sat, 2002-06-15 at 08:08, Stacey Roberts wrote:
> > Hello,
> >      I finally managed to get xscreensaver installed on this system.
> > However after restarting X (no particular reason, just wanted to), I
> > figured I'd configure the screensaver, but when I start
> > gnomecontrolcenter, I can see screensaver in the panel on the left (no
> > image).
> >
> > Clicking on screensaver doesn't cause the right panel to display the
> > screensaver configuration options.
> >
> > Is there a reason / fix for this?
>
> Attached are patches to correct this problem.  These have been tested by
> myself, and a few other users, and the screensaver capplet icon is
> successfully installed in GNOME Control Center.

Joe, rather than patches, can you explain to me what the actual problem
is? I think that the patches you attached touched more things than you
intended.

Thanks,

Doug

--
   "We have known freedom's price. We have shown freedom's power.
      And in this great conflict, ...  we will see freedom's victory."
          State of the Union, January 28, 2002

         Do YOU Yahoo!?