Date:      Sun, 6 Oct 1996 08:01:11 -0400
From:      Mike Goodrich <intecon@infi.net>
To:        "hackers@FreeBSD.org" <hackers@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        "'Ron Steele'" <ron@infi.net>
Subject:   Troubles with boot.flp/FTP install

Greetings All:

	I am trying to install FreeBSD using the FTP server option under thet Novice install
option.  Everything seems to work until I select "PPP on Com2", and do the Alt-F3 then
"Term".  As I understand it, this is supposed to put me in comms with my modem so I can
dial my ISP, etc.  However I get nothing, and a breakout box on my modem port (com2) reveals
NO activity.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  BTW there is nothing particularly weird about my setup. Thanx in advance...

--Mike