Date:      Tue, 22 Nov 2011 16:43:51 +0000
From:      Mike Clarke <jmc-freebsd2@milibyte.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Installing ZFS on 9.0-RC2

I'm planning to upgrade to 9.0 soon and thought this might be a good
opportunity to switch over to ZFS so I'm currently experimenting on a
spare drive with the 9.0-RC2 DVD.

I started off following the procedure in
http://wiki.freebsd.org/RootOnZFS/GPTZFSBoot but hit a problem in that
the the new installer doesn't appear to provide a Fixit option. I've
tried the shell and live cd options in the installer and also tried
booting single user from the DVD but these all use the DVD as a read
only root file system instead of the memory based file system in Fixit
mode.

I was able to get as far as creating a zpool but the first zfs create
comand produced an error saying that it was unable to mount zroot/tmp.

What's the correct approach to go about this with the 9.0-RC2 installer?

--
Mike Clarke