Date:      Fri, 8 Mar 2002 13:27:48 +1100
From:      Edwin Groothuis <edwin@mavetju.org>
To:        Peter Leftwich <Hostmaster@Video2Video.Com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.Org>
Subject:   Re: man at

On Thu, Mar 07, 2002 at 06:16:01PM -0800, Peter Leftwich wrote:
> Sorry for a tremendously simple question, but I'm pretty sure the manpages
> don't cover this: Is it possible to use "at" or "cron[tab]" for a "a time X
> minutes from now" rather than "HH:MM specific time?"  For example, can you
> put in your ~/.login file something like "at +15mins echo 'time to go'"...?

Euh... man at tells this already:

 You can also give times like [now] + count time-units, where the
 time-units can be minutes, hours, days, weeks, months or years and
 you can tell at to run the job today by suf- fixing the time with
 today and to run the job tomorrow by suffixing the time with
 tomorrow.

so... at -f /home/edwin/bin/blaat now + 1 minute

Keep in mind that at is only checked each 5 minutes (see /etc/crontab)

Edwin

--
Edwin Groothuis   |              Personal website: http://www.MavEtJu.org
edwin@mavetju.org |           Interested in MUDs? Visit Fatal Dimensions: