Date:      Tue, 18 Mar 1997 00:06:23 -0400 (AST)
From:      The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        "Jeffrey J. Mountin" <sysop@mixcom.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bumper Stickers

On Mon, 17 Mar 1997, Jeffrey J. Mountin wrote:

> But does Jordan (feel free to jump in) work on FreeBSD on company hours?

	Actually...I *believe* that FreeBSD is Jordan's full time job...or,
at least, that was the impression I got in one of the threads *many* months
ago...

> Yes it does, but the cost of the CDROM updates is supposed to cover the
> *material* costs.  Yes WC does host the site, but then they sell the CDROMs
> and there are other sites that have the source as well.
>
> Look at how many programs, some very excellent, are out there that are
> commonly used, but don't cost a dime *and* you have the source.
>
> But then who knows....
>
> Maybe a few of them aspire to be like Bill...
>
> Of course I would have to then choose another OS.  8-)

	I think this thread got tangented off somewhere...but, then again,
most do...

	There have been a few things thought of (t-shirts, bumper stickers,
the plush toy, etc) that everyone is soooo hesitant of doing cause, woah,
they might make money off of it and, hrmmm, maybe offend someone?

	Stuff like this a) provides advertising and b) could be used
to finance hardware required to advance the cause (an Alpha server?)

> >	Ah, CVSup gets me up to the minute source, the CD doesn't :)
>
> Living on the edge.  ;-)

	Home machine, and I find that the "up to the minute source" tends
to be more stable then the -stable stuff, as long as you carefully watch
the -current mailing list (ie. don't upgrade while they are importing
the new lite2 stuff *grin*)...