Date:      Wed, 13 Aug 2003 18:38:53 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Mike Hoskins <mike@adept.org>
To:        security@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: realpath(3) et al

sorry to respond so late -- just got back from jury duty.

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003, Devon H. O'Dell wrote:
> I was reading an article on Slashdot recently about Linux just getting some
> sort of security certification and asked the question "What about FreeBSD?"
> I got the standard BSD trolls, but my comment was actually modded up to a 3,
> Interesting, I believe.

cool, that's definately one of the things i had in mind...

> What sorts of security standards commissions are there, how much does
> getting "standards certified" cost, and where should we start?

i should have asked this precise question - thanks.

> I'm all for getting a website up to give out information on what we're
> trying to do and possibly collect donations, take comments, and set up
> discussions. I do have the time, resources, space and FreeBSD box ;) to set
> this up.

i just registered codereview.org and it's hosted on a colocated FreeBSD
box now...  would anyone object to using the domain to coordinate our
efforts?  the only objection i see at present, is if the majority feel
this should be hosted somewhere under freebsd.org so that is it highly
visible.  i'd actually envisioned turning the site into a community for
coordinated review of any/all opensource projects.  (and, hopefully,
sharing any findings in one project with any other relevant projects as
quickly as possible.)

-mrh

From: "Spam Catcher" <spam-catcher@adept.org>
To: spam-catcher@adept.org
Do NOT send email to the address listed above or
you will be added to a blacklist!