Date:      Tue, 25 Feb 2014 12:48:14 -0800
From:      Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD Ports ML <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Bryan Drewery <bdrewery@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Problem with old package system

I have a system that is still using the old pkg_ system that has had
indigestion since the docbook re-work. That operation went well as I didn't
try it until I had dealt with my 10.0 system running pkgng. Now, since the
docbook upgrade did not recommend the use of '-o' for any updates, I have
hundreds of missing dependencies on the various old docbook ports.

I figured that a quick run of "pkgdb -F" would fix it, but pkgdb found
nothing to fix. I then looked at the man page for pkgfb and it looks like
-L is now required to fix missing dependencies.

Is "pkgfb -L" the right command? Looks like it. Was any information that -F
no longer did this posted anywhere? I see an entry in updating that
recommends running "pkgdb -Ff" as recently as Feb-14, but no
recommendations anywhere to use the 'L' (fix-lost) option.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer, Retired
E-mail: rkoberman@gmail.com