Date:      Sat, 14 Aug 1999 22:36:22 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group <Cy.Schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca>
Cc:        Mike Meyer <mwm@phone.net>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Random disk read problems

In message <199908142104.OAA75747@cwsys.cwsent.com> Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group writes:
: I've been told that 1542's do not work well with multi-user/multi-taskin
: g O/S's.  I'm not sure what SCSI controller you're using.  Could it be
: that your controller is corrupting data when it is "very" busy?

That's crap.  Pure crap.  The 1522's maybe, but not the 1542.  They
have a good DMA architecture.  There may be a bug in the 1542 driver
for FreeBSD, but it isn't the fault of the cards.

And if there is a bug, I'd like to know how to recreate it so I can
fix it...

Warner