Date:      Tue, 29 Jul 1997 16:33:35 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        rondzierwa@juno.com (Ron Dzierwa)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PCMCIA on FreeBSD2.2.1

> The 3Com card I have is NOT a combo card, but it is the `D" version which
> is mentioned in the HARDWARE.TXT file on the distribution as possibly
> being supported in the new generic PCMCIA code but there is little/no
> documentation on how to set it up.

Umm, the 'D' version is meantioned as 'un-supported' in HARDWARE.TXT I
believe.  In any case, there is support for it in newer boot disks,
check releng22.FreeBSD.org for some.

> Also, the computer uses a DataBook DB86082 PCMCIA controller chip.  I
> looked thru the PCMCIA support code and did not find any mention of this
> chip, so I am wondering if it is supported.   I have the data sheets and
> some diagnostic/test/development software for the chip (runs under dos),
> so I would be willing to put some work into adding support for the chip
> to the existing PCMCIA code if necessary.

Probably.

> Regarding the scsi controller

Where did you read that FreeBSD supported the PCMCIA SCSI card?  Stock
FreeBSD doesn't support it, although the PAO boot floppy does.

See http://www.freebsd.org.jp/PAO.

Nate