Date:      Tue, 07 Dec 2010 20:09:09 -0500
From:      Jonathan <jonathan@kc8onw.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: failed configure of multimedia/handbrake

(Forgot to send to list initially)

On 12/6/2010 9:27 PM, Charlie Kester wrote:
> I'm getting a strange error while trying to install the handbrake port:
>
> ===> Configuring for handbrake-0.9.3
> sed:
> /usr/ports/multimedia/handbrake/work/HandBrake-0.9.3//usr/ports/multimedia/handbrake/work/HandBrake-0.9.3/configure:
> No such file or directory
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/multimedia/handbrake.
>
> Looking at the port Makefile and bsd.port.mk, I can't see why sed is
> being run here. Nor can I see why ${WRKSRC} is appearing twice in the
> path to the configure script.

The code that is running the failing sed is in
/usr/ports/Mk/bsd.autotools.mk starting on line 381

> .if !target(patch-autotools-libtool)
> patch-autotools-libtool::
> . if defined(_AUTOTOOL_rule_libtool)
>         @for file in ${LIBTOOLFILES}; do \
>                 ${REINPLACE_CMD} -e \
>                         "/^ltmain=/!s|\$$ac_aux_dir/ltmain.sh|${LIBTOOLFLAGS} ${LTMAIN}|g; \
>                         /^LIBTOOL=/s|\$$(top_builddir)/libtool|${LIBTOOL}|g" \
>                         ${PATCH_WRKSRC}/$$file; \
>         done;
> . else
>         @${DO_NADA}
> . endif
> .endif

${PATCH_WRKSRC} and $$file from ${LIBTOOLFILES} have the full path to
the target file which when combined causes the not found error.  I'm
guessing this has something to do with the recent autotools changes so
I'm cc'ing ade@

I found what appears to be the offending line but I don't know anywhere
near enough about how the ports makefiles work to find the root of the
problem.

HTH,
jonathan