Date:      Mon, 27 Dec 1999 23:39:58 +0100 (CET)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@dorifer.heim3.tu-clausthal.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: library documentation question

Michael Lucas wrote in list.freebsd-questions:
 > I've noticed that parts of the standard C library documentation appear
 > to be missing on my FreeBSD box.

I think it should be rather complete.

 > For example, I can do a "man 3 printf" and get the documentation.  A
 > "man 3 sizeof" gives me nothing, however.

That's because "sizeof" is not a library function.  It's a
C operator.  For similar reasons, there are no manual pages
on "int" or "while" etc.  ;-)

I'd recommend that you get a good book on ANSI C, for example
"Kernighan / Ritchie" v2.

Regards
   Oliver

--
Oliver Fromme, Leibnizstr. 18/61, 38678 Clausthal, Germany

"In jedem Stück Kohle wartet ein Diamant auf seine Geburt"
                                         (Terry Pratchett)