Date:      Tue, 25 Jun 1996 16:56:21 GMT
From:      James Raynard <fqueries@jraynard.demon.co.uk>
To:        sterrett@cts.com
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: STREAMS

> 	I know this question is in bad taste but, is their anybody
> working on SYS V like STREAMS in the BSD world.

Well, it's on the wishlist, although at a fairly low priority. I have
actually heard of a company doing an in-house FreeBSD emulation of
streams, in user-land, so that's certainly possible. (No, I don't know
if they're prepared to make it available).

A "real" SVR4-style kernel implementation would be a lot of work,
though.

> 	I'm a BSD programmer, however I like the STREAMS model.

I've never used it myself, but I can see it having some advantages (as
well as some disadvantages, which we'll no doubt soon hear about 8-)

--
James Raynard, Edinburgh, Scotland
james@jraynard.demon.co.uk