Date:      Fri, 12 Mar 2004 22:12:45 -0500
From:      Ty Williams <listrecieve@insight.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems With Installation on OmniBook

Hello,
	I am trying to get my first FreeBSD install going.  I was given a HP
Omnibook 5700CT laptop recently.  I downloaded all the ISOs for 5.2.1,
made the boot floppies, and took off.  For what it's worth, this laptop
is not capable of booting from CD. After inserting the mfsroot floppy
the computer percolates for a while and then panics.  From the thermal
output, I would guess the system hung at full load.  Here is all the
text that is visible on the screen when the event happens:

pci0: <display, VGA> at device 2.0 (no driver attached)
cbb0: <TI1131 PCI-CardBus Bridge> at device 3.0 on pci0
cardbus0: <CardBus bus> on cbb0
pccard0: <16-bit PCCard bus> on cbb0

cpuid = 0; apic id = 00
fault virtual address	= 0xeb175
fault code				= supervisor read, page not present
instruction pointer		= 0x8:0xc00eaf13
stack pointer			= 0x10:0xc0c21a9e
frame pointer			= 0x10:0xc0c21aa0
code segment			= base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
						= DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags		= interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
current process			= 0 (swapper)
trap number				= 12
panic: page fault
cpuid = 0;
Uptime: 1s
Automatic reboot in 15 seconds - press a key on the console to abort

Does anyone know how to get the installer to move past this point?
Thanks for you time and help.

Ty Williams