Date:      Mon, 18 Feb 2002 23:15:00 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Patch sets to date and timing tests with Giant out of userret.

:
:So, John's last few months of work is junk then, is it?
:
:Cheers,
:-Peter
:--
:Peter Wemm - peter@FreeBSD.org; peter@yahoo-inc.com; peter@netplex.com.au

    I'll tell you what is junk... patches for things like getuid() sitting
    in P4 (whether instrumented or not).  That's junk.

    I'll tell what is NOT junk.  What isn't junk are things like John's more
    complex patch to kern_descrip.c.  There's real work involved there
    that can be salvaged, and which can be committed to the -current
    piecemeal if Giant is properly instrumented.

    The biggest problem is that all of this stuff is sitting in P4 and none
    of it belongs there.

						-Matt