Date:      Tue, 24 Aug 1999 14:23:09 -0700
From:      bmah@CA.Sandia.GOV (Bruce A. Mah)
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        bmah@CA.Sandia.GOV
Subject:   pkg_version

--==_Exmh_1105151014P

Hi all--

Proceeding from the assumption that the pkg_version utility that I wrote
as a weekend project oh so many months ago is actually useful to
people....

I'm wondering if it might be a good idea to bring pkg_version into the
base system?  There's two reasons on my mind...first, that it's
available to everyone, not just people "in the know" enough to find and
download the port.

Second, I've been horribly lax at even responding to people who've sent
in improvements to pkg_version, since, admittedly, it does exactly what
I want the way it is and for me personally, it's a better use of my time
to work on other projects.  If it were part of the base system, then
anyone with commit privileges could make changes/improvements/bugfixes,
probably much quicker than trying to get me to make changes.

Any thoughts?

Bruce.

--==_Exmh_1105151014P

--==_Exmh_1105151014P--