Date:      Fri, 10 Apr 1998 22:03:23 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>
To:        dannyman@dannyland.org (dannyman)
Cc:        opsys@mail.webspan.net, kline@thought.org, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PR & Publishing

According to dannyman:
> On Sat, Apr 11, 1998 at 12:21:38AM -0400, Open Systems Networking wrote:
>
> > No your right there two sperate things. I'm just trying to kill 2 birds
> > with one stone. Thats all. A one stop shopping center for FreeBSD info
> > perhaps?
>
> I like to think that's called www.freebsd.org :)
>
> But it stands some improvement, sure, and it's not for everyone, that's why
> we need active PR and distributed periodicals.  Two birds, and it's prolly
> the same folks aimin' to stone 'm.

	There wwould be hyperlinks to <<wherever>> in the zine.  I
	see the magazine as offering pieces to new and experienced
	users; as a platform for commercial user (Yahoo, e.g.);
	to highlight new ports and new freeware and shareware.  Plus
	advice on how to set up your Personal Workstation  with
	various desktops; and other production tools.

	In othr words a sort of Unix-World for BSD users. The Net-
	and Open-BSD groups welcome, of course.   IOW, flames to
	/dev/null.

	gary

--
   Gary D. Kline         kline@tao.thought.org          Public service uNix