Date:      Thu, 18 Oct 2001 14:31:17 -0700 (PDT)
From:      X Philius <xphilius@yahoo.com>
To:        Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Best upgrade path from 4.1 Release to 4.4 Release, via CVsup if  possible

Kent,
Cool. That makes sense. Binary upgrade, meaning to use sysinstall, right? Sorry if this was a
redundant post, I have been scanning this group for a while (since last Nov.), but I did not
honestly search the archive before posting this. And thanks for the security tip, I *think* I am
running a pretty tight box; only SSH access to the box, passwords for all members of wheel are
*'ed out, I'm using IPFW to block out all those mysterious ports that I don't understand, and a
high Kernel security level. However, I am itching to get upgraded and start following the security
patches more closely, I know I am pushing it running 4.1 Release, thus my attempt to upgrade via
source instead of taking the easy way out. I'll try upgrading my junk machine to 4.2 and then up
to 4.4 and see how that goes. You've been most helpful.

Jason