Date:      Tue, 13 Oct 2009 09:50:40 +0200
From:      Erik Trulsson <ertr1013@student.uu.se>
To:        Marwan Sultan <dead_line@hotmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: server specification.

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 05:42:28AM +0000, Marwan Sultan wrote:

> Hello gurus,
>

>  Im going to a new server, and i donot want to have a problem..
>
>  May please anyone advice me of any feed back of FreeBSD 7.2 with the following specification:
>
>  any problems?
>

> 1x Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
> Kentsfield 2.4GHz 2x 4MB L2
> Cache LGA 775
>
> 2GB DDR2 ECC
>
> 3WARE RAID SATA 2 ports
>
> 2x 250GB SATA in RAID 1
>

> So any problems with quad kentsfield and FBSD 7.2 ?

No problems AFAIK, but then the exact CPU model is almost never a problem.

Far more likely to cause problems is the chipset used on
the motherboard where one or more components (ethernet controller, SATA
controller, etc) might not be supported or might have problems. (The same
goes for any additional controllers that might be included on the
motherboard or on add-on cards.)

Most chipsets work fine, but some of the very newest might not be
supported yet.

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson