Date:      Fri, 1 Feb 2002 15:18:07 -0500
From:      "Joe & Fhe Barbish" <barbish@a1poweruser.com>
To:        "Doug Reynolds" <mav@wastegate.net>
Cc:        "FBSD" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: HDLC error in ppp.log

The port speed is set at 57600 in ppp.conf.
To add some new info. Today I went to the store and got
a zoom model 3049 external modem. This is basically the
same modem as the pci internal I am now using.
So here we have the same pc, same user ppp, same modem guts,
the only thing different is one modem is external using the
pc com1 serial port and the other using the pci bus.
In my book this pretty well nails the problem to FBSD pci bus
and or sio from pci. Yep time to write PR.