Date:      Sat, 27 Oct 2001 17:58:53 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Wayne Lubin <wayneclubin@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Communicator with Gnome part II

Last time in part I of this series I was using
communiator 4.7 with gnome and was having problems
with communicator not allowing me to delete the local
list of old headers, thereby creating a growing list
of the local headers which became a problem because it
was taking comunicator a long time just list the old
headers before  I could even begin downloading the
bodies of messages. So I deinstalled it, and installed
communicator 4.0 which still shows me no way to delete
old headers, but seems to not take as long to list the
old headers before allowing me to begin viewing new
newsgroup messages. So for now I guess things are
good. However, this version of communicator does not
allow me to join any newsgroups. I am subscribed to
the ones from before, but I can not join any new ones.
Yes, I go through the motions to join a group by
clicking on subscribe which lists all the groups in
that little window, but when I try to join by
highlighing the group that I want to join, and
clicking on join, and click ok and go back to the list
it simply is not listed. I have been looking at this
problem for several hours and have tried several
times, so I am quit sure that the join a group
function does not work. Has anyone run into this
problem, and knows how to fix it. Can I go to a file
that lists the subscribed to groups and just put the
groups that I want to join in the file?  Also, one
more problem that seems to happen a lot is when I
click on some link, it causes netscape to die. Just
goes away. Almost 1/4 of the time this happens. Anyone
else have this problem. Is it a known thing in the
freebsd world that the netscape ports suck, and in
fact I should be using some other browser(does another
browser even exist for freebsd)? Thanks for your help.

Wayne