Date:      Thu, 2 Feb 2012 23:28:10 +0400
From:      Lev Serebryakov <lev@serebryakov.spb.ru>
To:        Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: "ath0: device timeout" when environment is clear

Hello, Adrian.
You wrote 2 =F4=E5=E2=F0=E0=EB=FF 2012 =E3., 23:09:51:

>  Today something strange happens: my noisy environment becomes clear
>  for several hours and my WiFi connection to notebook gives 2.5MiB/s
>  of real file transfer. But I was unable to copy 2GiB file in one
>  piece: ath0 on AP gives "device timeout" every 3-4 minutes!
>  When environment is really noisy (as usual), I have only
>  400-500KiB/s of real file transfer, but "ath0: device timeout"
>  occurs only 1-2 times a day or even less.
> Are you using 11n?
  AP in 11ng mode:

media: IEEE 802.11 Wireless Ethernet autoselect mode 11ng <hostap>
status: running
ssid home.serebryakov.spb.ru channel 9 (2452 MHz 11g ht/20) bssid f4:ec:38:=
a3:10:6d

 But client 802.11g only (Intel 3945ABG)

> There may be some more TX handling issues that show up as "device
> timeout" but arent' really that.
  Maybe, it is possible to add additional debug output in such situations? =
I'm not able to run `athstat' ASAP manually in most of these cases, because=
 I didn't look at notebook's screen when copy files to it and notice such s=
ituations post-factum.

--=20
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev@serebryakov.spb.ru>