Date:      Thu, 2 Oct 1997 11:20:59 +0100 (BST)
From:      Stephen Roome <steve@visint.co.uk>
To:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: my first jump

On Wed, 1 Oct 1997, Mark Murray wrote:

> Stephen Roome wrote:
> > I've done four jumps of the Advanced Freefall course, but the weather here
> > in the UK is poor. =(
>
> British weather :-( :-( :-(.

Well, someone built the local dropzone (netheravon) on top of a windy hill
in the middle of Salisbury plain... Great thinking!

> > So I don't count as a skydiver really, but I've had my 3 minutes or so of
> > freefall, and as soon as I can afford it, I should be taking a trip to
> > Florida to get skydiving sorted out at last.
>
> Ayone who falls out of an aeroplane for fun more than once is a
> skydiver!
>
> When I did jump 400, I passed through 4 hours of freefall :-)

I guess it's never enough - wonder if it gets boring eventually ??

Shame about the cost though, AFF course + weather + travel expenses ate a
hole in my bank account - so it's on hold until I can do it all in a day
or two (so I don't forget and have to retake training jumps) - or just get
paid more either will do. =)

Still wonder why more people don't skydive ?

	Steve.

--
Steve Roome - Vision Interactive Ltd.
Tel:+44(0)117 9730597 Home:+44(0)976 241342